A member of the sustainability and energy team; employed to take responsibility for day-to-day project work. This person will be a graduate with an education relevant to the role and at least two to three years of relevant work experience.
- Sustainability Statements – gather information relevant to the planning policy and site context, and compile a report outlining the sustainability strategy for submission to the planning authority (including London/GLA referable projects, domestic and non-domestic);
- Energy Statements - gather information relevant to the planning policy and site context and compile a report outlining the energy strategy for submission to the planning authority (including London/GLA referable projects, domestic and non-domestic);
- HIAs,Socio-EconomicAppraisals,ClimateChangeAdaptation–required to understand the issues associated with these assessment and create a well-structured report with high quality content;
- Other Consultancy – it is anticipated that the Consultant would be required to contribute to responses to more ad-hoc consultancy (e.g. liaison with planning authorities, more detailed technical assessment where the subject matter is within Iceni’s range of expertise).
- BREEAM/Code for Sustainable Homes source, process and present information relevant to the formal BREEAM and Code for Sustainable Homes appraisals. Act as a point of contact with the wider design team (including presence at design team meetings). Responsible for the day-to-day project activities;
- Energy Modelling – source, process and input information relevant to energy modelling (e.g. IES, TAS, SAP, iSBEM etc.). Act as a point of contact for the wider design team;
- Building Regulations – understanding of the principles of UK Building Regulations Part L and its applicability to domestic, non-domestic, new building and refurbishment projects;
- At least one degree in a relevant discipline, preferably related to science and/or mathematics;
- At least two to three years’ work experience required;
- A good understanding of the UK’s planning system and property development;
- A good understanding of “sustainable development” and its implications for property;
- A good understanding of the function and application of renewable and low carbon technologies in the context of property;
- Good level of awareness of wider environmental issues associated with property development;
- Good level of awareness of the social and economic implications associated with development;
- Proven analytical skills;
- Demonstrable written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work with Microsoft Excel and Access;
- Professional in outlook, attitude and appearance;
- Ability to work to deadlines, juggle multiple projects and deliver under pressure;
The role will be predominantly office based (London) but may also include site inspections and meeting attendance within the UK.